The 19th International Congress of the ISPS took place March 18 - 22, 2015 at The Cooper Union in New York City.
Join us in the Big Apple for the 19th International ISPS conference, a big tent with an integrative focus on the psychological treatments of psychosis spanning the far reaching domains of our field -
- the range of psychotherapies,
- drama, arts, and music therapies,
- the interaction with genetics, epigenetics, and neurology
- subjective and lived experience of service users and families
- phenomenology and culture
- in fact, a wide range of treatment approaches crossing the spectrum “From DNA to Neighborhood.”
The conference will create dialogues and bridges among researchers and clinicians of widely different training, experience, and philosophy, as well as the people who have experienced psychosis themselves.
Dialogue can be risky but the potential benefits of creating bridges are clear. The conference structure will encourage mutual respect in open dialogue across a diversity of models and the boundaries of countries and cultures.
Plenary speakers will include:
- Aaron Beck MD, Founder of Cognitive Therapy
- John S. Strauss MD, Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine
- Deborah Levy, PhD, Director, Psychology Research Laboratory, McLean Hospital
- Lisa Dixon, MD, MPH from the Center for Practice Innovations
- Larry Davidson, PhD of SAMHSA Recovery to Practice
- Jan Olav Johannessen, MD on early intervention
- Maurizio Peciccia, MD, Medical Director, Gaetano Benedetti Institute
- Ann-Louise Silver, MD on Interpersonal Psychoanalysis
- Keris Myrick, MBA, MS, Associate Director of Consumer Affairs for SAMHSA, service user and former President of NAMI
- Bent Rosenbaum, MDSc on psychodynamic supportive therapy
- Tony Morrison, PhD on CBT for psychosis
- Mary Olson, PhD on Open Dialogue
- Silje Marie Strandberg, Experience Promoter
- Lone Viste Fagerland, Mental Health Nurse
- Robert Heinssen, Ph.D., ABPP, Director, Division of Services and Intervention Research, National Institute of Mental Health
Plus symposia, workshops and papers and posters from clinicians, researchers, and service users from around the world
Co-sponsored by the World Psychiatric Association and the World Association for Psychosocial Rehabilitation.
Continuing Education and Continuing Medical Education offered by the Institute for the Advancement of Human Behavior (IAHB).
Co-chairs: Julie Kipp, PhD, LCSW and Brian Koehler, PhD
For more information, email email@example.com